public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight should warn me if no debug symbols are found!
@ 2000-04-09 16:07 Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-04-09 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight List

I just had a devil of a time trying to figure out why I could not
see source files in a statically linked executable I wanted
to debug. After much wasted time, I ran "file ..." and noticed
that the file had ben stripped of debug symbols. It would be really
handy if insight would give me a little warning dialog the first
time I tried to run a executable that had no debug symbols.

Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.

* Re: Insight should warn me if no debug symbols are found!
@ 2000-04-10  5:26 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2000-04-10  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong; +Cc: Insight List

Mo DeJong wrote:

> I just had a devil of a time trying to figure out why I could not
> see source files in a statically linked executable I wanted
> to debug. After much wasted time, I ran "file ..." and noticed
> that the file had ben stripped of debug symbols. It would be really
> handy if insight would give me a little warning dialog the first
> time I tried to run a executable that had no debug symbols.

Hmmm. Oddly, it used to do this... It must have been one of those things
that broke with the new windowing classes update around gnupro-99r1.

Keith
--
Why chat when you can Firetalk?
Firetalk ID: Keith (10320)