public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Problem with powerpc simulator
@ 2000-04-17  6:56 Guido Piasenza
From: Guido Piasenza @ 2000-04-17  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi folks,

I'm experiencing a problem with the powerpc simulator in
insight.
When the program starts up, I try to read the MSR by doing:

mfmsr d0

However, insight signals a privileged instruction violation.
By looking at the PS it looks like the processor is in
supervisor mode already, so why can't I perform this instruction ?
I tried "set processor 603" and "set architecture powerpc:603",
but I got no results.

Any help appreciated.

Ciao
Guido

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-04-17  6:56 UTC | newest]