public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: New mailing list?
       [not found] ` <393F56FD.12B632A0@cygnus.com>
@ 2000-06-08  9:34   ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2000-06-08  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: gdb, insight

Andrews gdb-insight@sourceware.cygnus.com  looks like a good idea.
I think we ought to have gdb in the name.  We have no right to rename
gdb.

Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser
Cygnus Solutions (a Red Hat company)    E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com

From: Fernando Nasser @ 2000-05-31  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I would like to propose the creation of the

    insight-gui@sourceware.cygnus.com

"gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com".

It seems quite obvious right now that people who use gdb from the GUI
call it Insight and send debugger (GUI or non-GUI) messages to the
insight list.

Of course we may get the reverse: people who have GUI related questions
having their messages in the gdb list.  But this is less inconvenient
because:

1) There are less of such cases than the reverse situation.

2) Sometimes the problem is indeed related to the gdb core and not the GUI.

3) Everyone on the insight list is also in the gdb one (the reverse not
   being necessarily true.

Based on 3 we have also the option of having a single list (although I don't
personally like this option, as it will make my life more difficult and will
scare off some people I would never want to see signing off the list because
of the volume).

We can also rename  the "insight" list to "insight-gui" list without creating
the redirection of "insight" to "gdb" (i.e., no more "insight" list).  This
may be the best option as it makes clear the distinction.

Suggestions are welcome.

Regards to all.

--
Fernando Nasser