public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Kernel level debugging
@ 2000-06-16 11:52 Michael Crowe
From: Michael Crowe @ 2000-06-16 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight

Hi All,
    I am thinking of using insight to do some kernel level debugging of
a remote host.  Does anyone know if this is possible or has anyone done
this yeet?  My host workstation will be an x86 based Redhat 6.2 Linux
box, and my target will be a single board computer based on either a x86
or a Power PC, which ever is easier at this time.  I could even use
another PC as a target to get started.

Thanks,
Michael Crowe
mike@timesys.com

* Re: Kernel level debugging
@ 2000-06-16 12:55 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2000-06-16 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Crowe; +Cc: Insight

Michael Crowe wrote:

> Hi All,
>     I am thinking of using insight to do some kernel level debugging of
> a remote host.  Does anyone know if this is possible or has anyone done
> this yeet?  My host workstation will be an x86 based Redhat 6.2 Linux
> box, and my target will be a single board computer based on either a x86
> or a Power PC, which ever is easier at this time.  I could even use
> another PC as a target to get started.

You will need a stub running on your target that can talk to gdb and control
execution in there.

In the gdb sources you will find examples of such stubs.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com