public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* modal dialog boxes
@ 2000-06-20 14:40 Nicholas_Karagas
From: Nicholas_Karagas @ 2000-06-20 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hello again...

This time my problem is with modal dialog boxes (modal.tcl).  How can I
pass the on_top parameter to the post method of ModalDialog?  For instance,
I want the ignorable warning message dialog boxes (warning.tcl) to always
pop to the top, or else they can get covered by another Insight window, and
there's problems (this is all under NT, btw).  I tried making the "after
500 keep_raised $top" in ModalDialog::post unconditional, and this works
great for the warning dialogs, but it breaks the combo boxes in the target
selection dialog box (and probably numerous other places).  Can anyone
help?

Nicholas Karagas
Associate Software Engineer
Cirilium Corporation
Tempe, AZ
(480) 317-1144

* Re: modal dialog boxes
@ 2000-06-21  8:40 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2000-06-21  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicholas_Karagas; +Cc: insight

Nicholas_Karagas@cirilium.com wrote:

> Hello again...
>
> This time my problem is with modal dialog boxes (modal.tcl).  How can I
> pass the on_top parameter to the post method of ModalDialog?  For instance,
> I want the ignorable warning message dialog boxes (warning.tcl) to always
> pop to the top, or else they can get covered by another Insight window, and
> there's problems (this is all under NT, btw).  I tried making the "after
> 500 keep_raised $top" in ModalDialog::post unconditional, and this works
> great for the warning dialogs, but it breaks the combo boxes in the target
> selection dialog box (and probably numerous other places).  Can anyone
> help?

Ummm... You mean you want to ModalDialog::post to execute the "after 500
keep_raised $top" stuff?? Tcl has default values, just like C++.
ModalDialog::post is declared as:

class ModalDialog {
  public method post {{on_top 0}} {}
}

This is the same as the following in C++:
class ModalDialog
{
   public:
   void post (bool on_top = false};