public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Remote Serial Protocol
@ 2000-07-17  2:47 Paul_Heijman
From: Paul_Heijman @ 2000-07-17  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

I discovered from the Logfile that my stub doesn't recognize a bunch of commands
like 'P' and 'Z'.
Does someone have a (complete) reference of these 'remote serial' commands ?
I guess the 'P' command writes a single register, but the rest is not clear.

Regards,
Paul.
-

* Re: Remote Serial Protocol
@ 2000-07-17  5:41 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2000-07-17  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul_Heijman; +Cc: insight

Paul_Heijman@eu.omron.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I discovered from the Logfile that my stub doesn't recognize a bunch of commands
> like 'P' and 'Z'.
> Does someone have a (complete) reference of these 'remote serial' commands ?
> I guess the 'P' command writes a single register, but the rest is not clear.

Normally, it is safe to ignore commands that your stub doesn't
recognize/implement.

The protocol definition used to be in remote.c, but it has recently
moved into the info files. I found it by following these nodes:

Target, Remote, Remote Serial, Protocol. The definition is at the bottom
of this page. 'Z' is used to insert a breakpoint, apparently.

Keith