public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser@cygnus.com>
To: Mo DeJong <mdejong@cygnus.com>
Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: TODO list (REPOST)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:44:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Mo DeJong wrote:

> Here is another little breakpoint related thing that I noticed.
>
> You can set or remove a breakpoint in the src window by clicking
> on the left of the line.
>
> Problem is, there does not seem to be any way to disable a
> breakpoint. I can open up the breakpoint window and right
> click on a BP, that gives me a popup with a disable breakpoint
> window. Why do I not have this same option when I right click
> on a breakpoint out in the main source window?

Yes we should.  But we would need a hollow square mark to sign that
there is a disable breakpoint in that location.  In the Breakpoint
window, if you disable a breakpoint you still see it and can go there
and enable it.  We would need an Enable option to replace the Disable
option for the disabled breakpoints in the Source window.

It is a valid enhancement request though.

> In the
> source window, a right click brings up these options:
>
> - Continue to Here
> - Jump to Here
> - Delete Breakpoint
> - Jump to Here
> - Jump to Here
>
> Why are there two "Jump to Here" options?

That would probably be my fault (as I added Jump to Here).
However, I don't see this in here.  I would need to know under
which conditions this happens.

The code in there was making reference to menu items by literal numbers.
I fixed it in a few places to use a variable but I may have missed one.

> Also, has anyone
> else noticed that the color of the menu highlight gets all
> wonky when you move the mouse down in the window? Whats
> up with that?

Yes, I believe it is a feature. It is too regular to be a bug.
I just don't know the meaning of the colors nor who added this effect.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com