public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* .itcl and Small Classes
@ 2001-01-02  8:56 Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-01-02  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight List

I would like to organize our files (as the cleanup goes) into four
categories:

.tcl   - Pure Tcl (or Tcl/Tk) files.

.itcl  - Small [incr Tcl/Tk] Classes.

.ith  +  .itb   - Large [incr Tcl/Tk] Classes.

Notes:

1) IMO, having a separate header file for small classes is a hassle.

2) We currently have several itcl files with .tcl suffixes for
historical
   reasons.

* Re: .itcl and Small Classes
@ 2001-01-02 10:04 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-01-02 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fernando Nasser; +Cc: Insight List

Fernando> .tcl   - Pure Tcl (or Tcl/Tk) files.
Fernando> .itcl  - Small [incr Tcl/Tk] Classes.

What is the advantage of distinguishing between these by name?

Tom

* Re: .itcl and Small Classes
@ 2001-01-02 10:24   ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-01-02 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Insight List

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Fernando> .tcl   - Pure Tcl (or Tcl/Tk) files.
> Fernando> .itcl  - Small [incr Tcl/Tk] Classes.
>
> What is the advantage of distinguishing between these by name?

I would like to make clear the code dependency on the language
extension,
and also because that is the standard for [incr Tcl] files.

The main advantage is that it makes easier for me to say:

$ ls *.tcl

or

$ ls *.i*

(or "ls *.ith" etc.)