public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Tcl/Tk upgrade plan.... STARTING
@ 2001-09-08 11:24 Ian Roxborough
From: Ian Roxborough @ 2001-09-08 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

well this is it, I'm going to start the Tcl/Tk switch over soon.
Expect sources.redhat.com cvs to be unstable WRT Tcl/Tk, Itcl,
libgui and Tix until I send out an email when it's over.  This
will probably happen on Sunday.

If you've add a change in the last few months to any of those
modules, there is a chance that I'll have to add your change
back after the upgrade.  Of course with the upgrade there is
a chance that your change isn't needed any more (one of the
main purposes of this upgrade is ditch as many local chances
as we can).

Question, comments, luck, etc. all welcome.

Thanks for you time,
  Ian.

* Re: Tcl/Tk upgrade plan.... STARTING
@ 2001-09-08 11:45 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-09-08 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Roxborough; +Cc: insight

Ian Roxborough wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well this is it, I'm going to start the Tcl/Tk switch over soon.
> Expect sources.redhat.com cvs to be unstable WRT Tcl/Tk, Itcl,
> libgui and Tix until I send out an email when it's over.  This
> will probably happen on Sunday.
>
> If you've add a change in the last few months to any of those
> modules, there is a chance that I'll have to add your change
> back after the upgrade.  Of course with the upgrade there is
> a chance that your change isn't needed any more (one of the
> main purposes of this upgrade is ditch as many local chances
> as we can).
>
> Question, comments, luck, etc. all welcome.
>
> Thanks for you time,
>   Ian.

Good luck (for all of us).  Even if we go through some rough ride we
need
to do this -- it is long overdue.  You know: no pain, no gain...

Thank you very much for doing this!

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300