public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser@cygnus.com>
To: Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com>
Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: remote target => putpkt: write failed: Permission denied.
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 06:51:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Grant Edwards wrote:

> arm-elf-gdb
> Cygwin/WinNT
> remote target @ 57600
>
> I'm using Insight 5.0 with an ARM7 board running gdb stubs.
>
> Everything works fine if I run "-nw", but with the GUI enabled,
> I can't even connect.  When I do a "target remote COM1"

Grant,

You should not be connecting from the simulated console, specially
in the 5.0 (old) version.

Use the GUI menus to connect.  There is a Target dialog for you
to configure how and to where you want to connect and also
menu options for connecting, disconnecting etc.

In the recent snapshots, after Keith's latest rewrites, it is
possible that this kind of command issued from the Console Window
properly notify the rest of the GUI (I'm not sure though), but in
the version you are using it will just confuse it.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser@cygnus.com>
To: Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com>
Cc: insight@sources.redhat.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:04:00 -0000	[thread overview]