public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Insight Configuration Problems
@ 2005-09-12 16:04 Kingston Co.
From: Kingston Co. @ 2005-09-12 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

All:
Printed in the directions for building and installing insight it states:
Right now, Insight MUST be built using the versions of Tcl, Tk, Itcl,
and Tix that come with the sources.
My question is:  I found Tcl, Tk, and Itcl in the source
distribution, but Tix is missing.  Which version of Tix do I download
and install for Insight to work properly?  Are there any special
instructions about Tix that I need to know in order to install it
correctly?

Thanks,
Fred
Kingston Co.
freddie@sb.net

* Re: Insight Configuration Problems
@ 2005-09-12 16:12 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2005-09-12 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kingston Co.; +Cc: insight

Kingston Co. wrote:

> Printed in the directions for building and installing insight it states:
> Right now, Insight MUST be built using the versions of Tcl, Tk, Itcl,
> and Tix that come with the sources.
> My question is:  I found Tcl, Tk, and Itcl in the source  distribution,
> but Tix is missing.  Which version of Tix do I download  and install for
> Insight to work properly?  Are there any special  instructions about Tix
> that I need to know in order to install it  correctly?

Hi,

Sadly, the documentation is incorrect, and has been for some time. [I'm
not entirely sure how long.]

As it is, when you checkout Insight from CVS (or download a snapshot),
you will get everything you need to build Insight, including tcl, tk,
itcl, and libgui.

Although the goal is to get rid of the dependency on our built-in
versions of tcl, tk, and itcl for "standard" releases, we're not quite
there yet. Actually, I bet we're *awfully* close. Just a lot of
configury changes need to be made, I think; this has been true for some
time since we moved to more standard versions of tcl, tk, and itcl in
the repository.

One of these days, I'm gonna hack the configury to allow us to build
using pre-installed versions of these things.

Keith

* Re: Insight configuration problems
@ 2005-08-28 10:43 ` E. Weddington
From: E. Weddington @ 2005-08-28 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kingston Co.; +Cc: insight

Kingston Co. wrote:

> I can't seem to get the right name for configuring Insight for the
> AVR controller.  Does anybody know the right configuration command
> for the avr processors?
> Thanks,
> Fred
>
> Kingston Co.
> freddie@sb.net

Hi Fred,

I'm the author and maintainer of the WinAVR package:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr>

Building Insight on Cygwin for the AVR target is fairly straight
forward. The configure step that I do is:

../configure --prefix=$installdir --target=avr --disable-nls

Where $installdir is the installation directory. IIRC, This was for
version 6.1 of Insight.

If you're going to be using this on Windows, I'm planning a new release
of WinAVR in September. I'm going to be trying to build Insight from a
recent snapshot.

HTH
Eric Weddington

* Insight configuration problems