public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* few problems
@ 2005-11-11  5:52 stanks
From: stanks @ 2005-11-11  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi

I have some problems with insight. First color scheme is not saved
automatically which should be (i don't think that all of users want to
change it every time they run insight!). Step works ok for me, but when
i want to jump over function with next program kills himself (either i
use a key for next or button from toolbar). And last for now :) no
favorites?! I mean a list of a few last files that we debugged?

But you are stil much better then ddd ;)

Thanks

stanks

* Re: few problems
@ 2005-11-11 17:06 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2005-11-11 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stanks; +Cc: insight

stanks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some problems with insight. First color scheme is not saved
> automatically which should be (i don't think that all of users want to
> change it every time they run insight!). Step works ok for me, but when
> i want to jump over function with next program kills himself (either i
> use a key for next or button from toolbar). And last for now :) no
> favorites?! I mean a list of a few last files that we debugged?

To address your points in order:

1) Color scheme not saved. I admit, I know nothing about this, but I've
tested the last snapshot and it either does not save the color scheme or
restore it (or both). Bug.

2) Step okay/next problem: Need more info. Can you show me the source of
the line(s) which demonstrate this problem? Does it work if you open a
console and use (type) "step" and "next" instead of hitting buttons?

3) Insight does keep a list of the last five executables that you've
debugged. I've double-checked this and it does work. Can you describe
what you're doing/seeing that makes you think it doesn't work?

Keith