public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Linux Insight debugger compiled for MIPS 4KSD processor
@ 2008-03-18 11:28 Lionel Chaverot
From: Lionel Chaverot @ 2008-03-18 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

My environment:
    Host :
    PC computer running Ubuntu 7.10 linux
    SDE Lite installed

    Target:
    USIP Secure 32-bit processor (MIPS 4KSD)
    Running a 2.6.20 linux kernel

My question:
I am trying to compile the insight debugger on my host computer to remotely
debug my MIPS 4KSD target. Even if I am able to finaly compile it with a
cross compilation toolchain
I do not get access to the specific registers of the MIPS 4KSD.
Could you please help to configure correctly the insight debugger in order
to operate it under Linux on a MIPS 4KSD platform?

So far I have done:
  configure --prefix=/opt/insight --target=mipsel-linux-uclibc

mipsel-linux-uclibc-xxxx is a complete cross-compilation toolchain dedciated
to MIPS4KSD

What kind of argument must be given to the configure command to tell it that
I want to compile the Insight debugger for a MIPS4KSD target?

Thanks
Lionel

--

Innova Card will be present at Cards Asia 2008. 9 to 11th of April. Booth 4Q01. Suntec Singapore.
Please come and visit us!

--

This message contains CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

* Re: Linux Insight debugger compiled for MIPS 4KSD processor
@ 2008-03-18 15:58 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2008-03-18 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lionel Chaverot; +Cc: insight

Lionel Chaverot wrote:

> What kind of argument must be given to the configure command to tell it that
> I want to compile the Insight debugger for a MIPS4KSD target?

I actually don't know the answer to that. But I can tell you to rephrase
your question ["What --target do I need to use to compile gdb for a
MIPS4KSD target?"] and ask on the gdb mailing list, since insight is
really just a GUI on top of gdb. If gdb supports that target, insight
will, too.

So ask your question on the gdb at sourceware dott org mailing list.

Keith