public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Downloading Tcl 8.4
@ 2008-06-11 19:20 Hector Reyes
From: Hector Reyes @ 2008-06-11 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

To Insight developers:

I am using a Linux RedHat PC to run insight-6.8.

I tried running the insight-6.8 debugger with the -w option, and get an
error message stating that Tcl 8.4 is needed for insight-6.8 to run.
The error message also states that Tcl 8.3 is installed on my Linux
RedHat PC.

Question:  Where do you recommend I get a version of Tcl 8.4 that will
run with insight-6.8?  I would like to get an update that is compatible
with the Linux RedHat Op System and the insight-6.8 debugger.

Question:  Would the ActiveTcl web site provide an appropriate update
package?   This site has run time binaries claim will install without
requiring a build process.

Thanks for your time.

Hector Reyes

Hector Reyes
Senior Software Engineer
 R & D Engineering
3750 Westwind Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
t 707-636-1812   f 707-527-6640

* Re: Downloading Tcl 8.4
@ 2008-06-11 19:27 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2008-06-11 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hector Reyes; +Cc: insight

Hector Reyes wrote:
> Question:  Where do you recommend I get a version of Tcl 8.4 that will
> run with insight-6.8?  I would like to get an update that is compatible
> with the Linux RedHat Op System and the insight-6.8 debugger.

You need to use the Tcl that comes with Insight. [While that's probably
not entirely true, it's easiest.]

 From where did you download Insight? All the snapshots and releases
come with the proper version of Tcl/Tk/Itcl/IWidgets bundled into the
tarball.

How did you build/install insight? Is there no tclsh8.4 or wish8.4 in
your install directory?

> Question:  Would the ActiveTcl web site provide an appropriate update
> package?   This site has run time binaries claim will install without
> requiring a build process.

You might be able to use that for insight, but I don't believe the
configure machinery is in place to deal with this.

Keith