public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Problems with SrcWin
@ 2008-08-25  7:24 Tommy
From: Tommy @ 2008-08-25  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi all,

 I'm trying to fix problems happened in a porting of Insight (version
6.7.1.) They are:

 (1) after Insight is connected to target, the Control menu and
button items are still disabled. They'll be enabled after some actions
are done (ex. execute 'stepi' from ConsoleWindow.)
     I've checked debug info from the ManagedWin's DebugWin - it
seems to call "SrcBar::enable_ui 2" in connecting but call
"SrcBar::enable_ui 1" in stepping. I know many ports of Insight didn't
patch these tcl/tk files much but leave target-dependent things in
their port C files. Do I miss something? or this should be fixed in
tcl/tk layer?

 (2) after Insight is connected to target, the SrcWin displays
nothing... (there is no 'file', 'load', and 'symbol-file' command
executed.) I think, if there is no corresponding symbolic info, it
should fetch memory contents near $PC and display disassembled
instructions.

 Thanks.