public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* More compact/space efficient interface?
@ 2009-05-05  0:48 Ole Jørgen Brønner
From: Ole Jørgen Brønner @ 2009-05-05  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Sorry if I've missed something obvious, but is it possible to get a more
compact UI? Reducing the font sizes helps only a bit.

I would like to reduce margins in general (especially in buttons and
menues), remove the scrollbar and reduce the size of the "splitbars" (in
the function browser)

I guess some of this should be possible with tk theming, but I couldn't
really find any info how to use it on the tk site. (or even if the support
is done yet :))

Thanks for the best gdb frontend I've tried so far! I _love_ that it
doesn't try to be its own window manager.

--
Ole J.

* Re: More compact/space efficient interface?
@ 2009-05-06 16:14 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2009-05-06 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ole Jørgen Brønner; +Cc: insight

Ole Jørgen Brønner wrote:
> Sorry if I've missed something obvious, but is it possible to get a more
> compact UI? Reducing the font sizes helps only a bit.

Unfortunately, no, no one has attempted to do this yet.

> I guess some of this should be possible with tk theming, but I couldn't
> really find any info how to use it on the tk site. (or even if the
> support is done yet :))

I don't know how insight will react to themes, but I believe all of our
windows use Itk, so it *should* be possible (and relatively painless, if
tedious) to merge margin-like widget properties into the window's main
widget property database. Then simply configuring the window's margins
will affect every widget inside.

Keith