public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* insight + hpux
@ 2000-12-19  6:05 Sall, David
From: Sall, David @ 2000-12-19  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'insight@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Dear Cygnus,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to build Insight 5.0 on HP-UX 10.20.  I
have been getting memory errors (during make), files it can not find,
etc....  Is there an HP binary available?  I am not the root user so I have
been compiling and loading binaries in my directories (I have, gdb, gcc,
vim, etc ..) and I would thus need an Insight binary that does not load into
/usr/local etc ....  If a binary is not available, is there an
insight-5.0.tar.gz file that has been set up already on an HP machine?  I
have successfully used ./configure for other programs but can not get things
working with Insight.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

David

--------------------------------

David Sall
Northrop Grumman
Electronic Sensors and Systems Sector
P.O. Box 746 - Mail Stop 125
Baltimore, MD  21203
Phone - (410) 765-0155
FAX - (410) 993-2582
Email - david_sall@mail.northgrum.com

--------------------------------

* Re: insight + hpux
@ 2000-12-19  9:44 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-19  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sall, David; +Cc: 'insight@sourceware.cygnus.com'

David> I have been trying unsuccessfully to build Insight 5.0 on HP-UX
David> 10.20.  I have been getting memory errors (during make), files
David> it can not find, etc....

You should send the error output so that we can figure out what the
problem might be.

I don't know of prebuilt HP binaries.

Tom