public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* completion oddity
@ 2001-08-16 10:41 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-08-16 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight List

I built the latest Insight from the CVS trunk a couple days ago.
I ran it on `jc1' (the Java compiler for GCC).

In the console I type `b java_decode_<TAB>'.
It completes this to `java_decode_option', but then beeps.
If I hit TAB again, I see this:

Completions:
java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option

This is a bug, because all these completions are the same.

Tom

* Re: completion oddity
@ 2001-08-16 11:15 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-08-16 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Insight List

On 16 Aug 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Completions:
> java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option
>

> This is a bug, because all these completions are the same.

Ugh. People in gdb land have been playing with completions to make them
more robust... Give me a minute or two and I'll see if I can fix it up.
(If that's possible any more, that is...)

Keith

* Re: completion oddity
@ 2001-08-16 14:21 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-08-16 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: Insight List

On 16 Aug 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I built the latest Insight from the CVS trunk a couple days ago.
> I ran it on `jc1' (the Java compiler for GCC).
>
> In the console I type `b java_decode_<TAB>'.
> It completes this to `java_decode_option', but then beeps.
> If I hit TAB again, I see this:
>
> Completions:
> java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option java_decode_option

I've spent the last hour or so looking at this... It's a lot more serious
than it appears. As you'd guess, these are bugs in gdb's completer. I've
submitted two bugs into gnats about the problems.

Sorry.
Keith

* Re: completion oddity
@ 2001-08-16 14:59   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-08-16 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Insight List

Keith> I've spent the last hour or so looking at this... It's a lot
Keith> more serious than it appears. As you'd guess, these are bugs in
Keith> gdb's completer. I've submitted two bugs into gnats about the
Keith> problems.

Thanks, I appreciate that.  You did a lot more work than I was
expecting!

Tom