public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* focus loss
@ 2001-08-27 16:02 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-08-27 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight List

Sometimes Insight steals the focus away from the console window.  This
is quite annoying if you are using a console-centric approach to
debugging (which I find really is still the most efficient way for me,
most of the time).

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce this.  I'll
keep trying.  But meanwhile, has anybody else noticed this?  What I
observe is that I can type a command to the console, and then Insight
decides to move the focus to the source window.

I found it: I use "sloppy" focus mode in my window manager.  In this
mode, the position of the mouse determines the focus (i.e., not
click-to-type).  However, moving the mouse out of a window to the
background leaves the focus on that window (very useful feature).

If I make the console the focus window, then move the mouse to the
background and enter a console command like "r", Insight will move the
focus to the source window when, say, it hits a breakpoint.

Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-08-27 16:02 UTC | newest]