public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* anonymous login for Insite
@ 2000-06-07  9:31 Robert Ritchey
From: Robert Ritchey @ 2000-06-07  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

I tried to log in anonymously from your web page link on
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/insight/ but it
would not accept it.  How can I download Insite?

-Bob

Robert Ritchey
Meltdown Systems, LLC
1328 East Cottonwood Lane
Phoenix, AZ  85048-4765
Tel: (480) 460-2652
FAX: (480) 460-2653
E-Mail: RRRitchey@ACM.org
E-Mail: RRRitchey@Computer.org
Website: www.MeltDownSystems.com

* Re: anonymous login for Insite
@ 2000-06-07 10:02 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2000-06-07 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Ritchey; +Cc: insight

Robert Ritchey wrote:

> I tried to log in anonymously from your web page link on
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/insight/ but it
> would not accept it.  How can I download Insite?

Since I haven't seen any responses to this yet...

You can get it from a mirror listed on sourceware:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/insight/#download

Keith
--
Why chat when you can Firetalk?
Firetalk ID: Keith (10320)

* Re: anonymous login for Insite
@ 2000-06-08  9:43   ` Jim Ingham
From: Jim Ingham @ 2000-06-08  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Keith & Robert,

In the past, the refusal of anonymous access was because the server was
overloaded.  I think the answer, as Keith rightly pointed out, was to use
one of the mirrors.  Since the sourceware site is the central distribution
point, anything you can do to offload traffic to secondary sites is
helpful...

Jim