public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Suggestion: no dialog boxes for Windows OutputDebugString
@ 2003-09-30  8:01 Richard van Wegen
From: Richard van Wegen @ 2003-09-30  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi All

Another suggestion for possible improvement that occurred to me recently-
When programming under Windows I often use OutputDebugString to output error
or trace info, and then use DebugView.exe or similar to view the logs.

The problem with this when using Insight is that Insight opens a dialog box
for every debug message it receives, and after receiving one hundred or so
it crashes windows.

Perhaps these debug messages could be better dumped to a log window.  Even
having the ability to turn them off would be useful.

Cheers
  Richard

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-30  8:01 UTC | newest]