public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: FW: failure notice
@ 2002-08-28  6:59 Lynn Tinney
From: Lynn Tinney @ 2002-08-28  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish.Mukherjee; +Cc: insight, insight-owner

Instead of ./configure do the following

./configure --prefix=[dir]
replacing [dir] with the directory that you want Insight installed into.

You can then run Insight by typing ./gdb in [dir]/bin.  BTW I don't know if
it's clear on your text editor (it's not on mine) but there are 2 dashes in
front of "prefix" in the configure statement.

Have fun,
Lynn

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Manish.Mukherjee@tell|
|         |           abs.com              |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           insight-owner@sources|
|         |           .redhat.com          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           08/27/2002 05:59 PM  |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                      |
  |       To:       insight@sources.redhat.com                                                                           |
  |       cc:                                                                                                            |
  |       Subject:  FW: failure notice                                                                                   |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi There,

I am trying to use Insight. I have a SUN machine.

I have successfully downloaded the tar.gz file and have run the
./configure command. I have also run the "make" command and everything
seems to have built properly.

Now, how do I invoke Insight. The README file states that I have to
install the tools by doing a "make install". However, when I invoke the
command it tries to install the tools in /usr/local/lib perhaps and I
dont have write priviledges to that directory.

How do I install the tools in some other personal directory? After
installing the tools, how do I invoke Insight?

Thanks,
- Manish M

Date: 27 Aug 2002 22:55:47 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@sources.redhat.com
To: manish.mukherjee@tellabs.com
Subject: failure notice
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs

[-- Attachment #2: BDY.RTF --]
[-- Type: application/rtf, Size: 968 bytes --]

* RE: FW: failure notice
@ 2002-08-28 11:44 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-08-28 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish.Mukherjee; +Cc: insight

[insight-owner removed -- do NOT send there]

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 Manish.Mukherjee@tellabs.com wrote:

> ./gdb
> ld.so.1: ./gdb: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed

Insight does not use ncurses. I would try building *just* gdb (no insight)
from 5.2 (--disable-gdbtk option). If it fails with the same error (and
I'm sure it will), contact gdb@sources.redhat.com, the GDB mailing lists.
They should be able to help you.

Keith

* RE: FW: failure notice
@ 2002-08-28 11:40 Manish.Mukherjee
From: Manish.Mukherjee @ 2002-08-28 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight-owner, insight

      I am trying to use Insight 5.2 on a SUN machine. I did the
following three steps:

1. ./configure --prefix [dir]
2. make
3. make install

After the above three steps, the software seems to have been installed
in the [dir] I wanted, but when I try to execute it by doing a ./gdb
from [dir]/bin, it gives me the following error and exits. Any ideas!
----------------- Log -----------------
./gdb
ld.so.1: ./gdb: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed
---------------------------------------

Thanks,
- Manish M

-----------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------|

Date: 27 Aug 2002 22:55:47 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@sources.redhat.com
To: manish.mukherjee@tellabs.com
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs

[-- Attachment #1.2: BDY.RTF --]
[-- Type: application/rtf, Size: 5253 bytes --]

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs

* FW: failure notice
@ 2002-08-27 15:59 Manish.Mukherjee