public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* [WARN] Pending stop/idle/update/busy cleanups
@ 2001-06-13 12:52 Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-06-13 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Insight Maling List

Hi,

I thought I would send out a warning that I am likely to break some
functions in Insight, so please be patient over the next week or so while
I attempt to clean things up a little.

You are likely to find that browsing the stack does not work, and probably
a few other things as well. Most of the things to break will be source
window-related, since that's where I've been doing most of the work.

Details:
As I have mentioned, I am adding an inferior stop event, which we can
finally get from core gdb. Many of these changes will depend on how long I
it takes to get approval from gdb people to add ui event notifications in
infrun.c, but with any luck, things should go relatively smoothly.

So, please be patient with me while I attempt to add some more robust
event handling. I've already managed to get rid of those nightmare procs
SrcWin::set_execution_status and gdb_target_has_execution (read: "we no
longer rely on inferior_p(t)id!") and done some global variable clean up.
No more SrcWin::state_hook, either. I hate traced variables.

My first focus will be getting things working "properly" with natives and
simulators, and then with a board.

Keith

* Re: [WARN] Pending stop/idle/update/busy cleanups
@ 2001-06-13 14:54 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2001-06-13 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Insight Maling List

We should stop snapshots until you get things fixed.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com

* Re: [WARN] Pending stop/idle/update/busy cleanups
@ 2001-06-18 12:42 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2001-06-18 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: Insight Maling List

> Hi,
>
> I thought I would send out a warning that I am likely to break some
> functions in Insight, so please be patient over the next week or so while
> I attempt to clean things up a little.
>
> You are likely to find that browsing the stack does not work, and probably
> a few other things as well. Most of the things to break will be source
> window-related, since that's where I've been doing most of the work.

Keith,

I don't know that this is a good idea. It might simplify things for you
as an individual, however, for anyone else, it means that insight is
effectivly useless :-(

	Andrew

* Re: [WARN] Pending stop/idle/update/busy cleanups
@ 2001-06-18 12:46   ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-06-18 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Insight Maling List

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I don't know that this is a good idea. It might simplify things for you
> as an individual, however, for anyone else, it means that insight is
> effectivly useless :-(

NOTE: I have not committed anything yet. I am still "hashing" out some
details.

If people would prefer that I commit one series of HUGE patches, I would
be more than happy to do it that way. I thought that smaller, digestible
chunks of patches would be easier for people to follow.

It actually makes my life a lot easier to dump one massive patch on
people, but, last I heard, that wasn't typically appreciated.

Keith