public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* problem with opening source
@ 2001-06-28 17:21 michi
From: michi @ 2001-06-28 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

hello,

I installed the dev4 c++ under winows and added your visual debugger to it.
now when I try to open a sourcefile with your debugger the following
errormessage ocours to me:

G:/Borland/BCC55/Programms/window2.cpp:3: Error in sourced command file:
Undefined command: "".  Try "help".

    while executing
"gdb_cmd "source $file_name""
    (procedure "source_file" line 4)
    invoked from within
"source_file"
    (menu invoke)errorCode is NONE

I can not open any file in your debugger. please tell me what I'm doing
wrong. It would be very usefull to me.

best regards
michael oswald

Michael Oswald
Schreinerstrasse 51
8004 Zürich
Switzerland

don.miguel@gmx.ch

* Re: problem with opening source
@ 2001-06-28 17:27 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-06-28 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michi; +Cc: insight

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, michi wrote:

> hello,
>
> I installed the dev4 c++ under winows and added your visual debugger to it.
> now when I try to open a sourcefile with your debugger the following
> errormessage ocours to me:

What is "dev4 c++"?

> G:/Borland/BCC55/Programms/window2.cpp:3: Error in sourced command file:
> Undefined command: "".  Try "help".

File->Source... does not mean "Inspect a source file". It means "read in
and execute a gdb script file".

If you want to browse code, simply load the executable into the debugger
and use either the file/function combo boxes near the top of the screen to
select the file/function you want ot browse OR open the function browser
and search for your function.

Are you using the right debugger? This seems awefully obvious to me...
Keith