public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: help, please
       [not found] <4.1.20010725171457.0093bab0@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
@ 2001-07-26  6:50 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-07-26  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Menninger; +Cc: Insight Maling List

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, John Menninger wrote:

>   That is the background for my message.  The web page
> seems to say that once the files are extracted from
> Insight_win32.zip, all will be installed.  But when I
> try to debug from within Dev-Pascal I get only a DOS
> command window, prompted by gdb>.  I assume this
> is the gdb debugger, running in command mode, without
> any GUI (which I assume means with windows, buttons, etc.)

It would certainly seem that you are picking up a command-line gdb.

>   Is it possible to debug in a graphics environment with
> Dev-Pascal?

I don't know, but I'll bet that Dev-Pascal is picking up the wrong gdb.
Can you run the insight-enabled gdb directly by going to the bin folder
and double-clicking it? (It would be in
INSTALLDIR/H-i[56]86-cygwin/bin.) If so, then Dev-Pascal is picking up the
wrong gdb executable. Check your path or maybe there is some sort of
configuration option in Dev-Pascal which will allow you to choose which to
use.

If all else fails, try contacting the authors/distributors of Dev-Pascal
for further help.

Keith

* Re: help, please
@ 2001-07-25 12:47 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-07-25 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Menninger; +Cc: insight

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, John Menninger wrote:

>   I've downloaded the insight_win32.zip file into my c:\DevPascal
> directory and extracted its contents, generating folder "share" and
> adding files to folder "bin."  But, no GUI when I try to debug.

I'm afraid I haven't a clue what you are referring to. Although I would
love to distribute binary releases for Insight, we don't yet do that...
I suspect you're getting a repackaged Insight from someone else?

>   I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to complete
> the installation of the GUI so I can debug in Dev-Pascal.

If you could describe what exactly is happening, host platform, etc, we
might be of use to you.

Keith

* help, please
@ 2001-07-25 12:43 John Menninger
From: John Menninger @ 2001-07-25 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi Guys,

  I've downloaded the insight_win32.zip file into my c:\DevPascal
directory and extracted its contents, generating folder "share" and
adding files to folder "bin."  But, no GUI when I try to debug.

  I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to complete
the installation of the GUI so I can debug in Dev-Pascal.

        -- John Menninger

John R. Menninger
Department of Biological Sciences
138 Biology Bldg.
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1324
john-menninger@uiowa.edu
tel: 1-319-335-1055;  fax: 1-319-335-1069