public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Does it work on Solaris?
@ 2001-08-05 14:26 Marc Desmarais
From: Marc Desmarais @ 2001-08-05 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Will it work on Solaris? I presume so, since gdb and wish are available on
Solaris as well as on Linux. But I don't like to make assumptions.

Does the GUI run in the wish command interpreter?

How would you compare your debugger with UPS (people at work love it, but
they haven't seen your screen shot, which look great!)

Marc Desmarais
Senior Software Engineer @ Logicvision
e-mail: mdesm2@earthlink.net   (home)
        marc@logicvision.com   (work)
Phone   (408) 452-2425         (work)

* Re: Does it work on Solaris?
@ 2001-08-05 15:06 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2001-08-05 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Desmarais; +Cc: insight

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Marc Desmarais wrote:

> Will it work on Solaris? I presume so, since gdb and wish are available on
> Solaris as well as on Linux. But I don't like to make assumptions.

Yes, Insight will work on any platform supported by GDB, this includes
(but is not limited to) Windows 9x/NT/2000 (via Cygwin), Solaris, SunOS,
HPUX, AIX, Linux, and a bunch more.

> Does the GUI run in the wish command interpreter?

Sort of. The GUI is written in Tcl/Tk and C. I like to think of it as the
Tcl interpreter runs in gdb.

> How would you compare your debugger with UPS (people at work love it, but
> they haven't seen your screen shot, which look great!)

I'm sorry, UPS is a debugger with which I am not at all familiar. Perhaps
others on this mailing list will be able to provide you with a comparison.

Keith