public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: Stack Window causes Hang
@ 2002-03-21  7:12 David Mc Kenna
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2002-03-21  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz, David Mc Kenna, insight

>On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, David Mc Kenna wrote:
>
>> The problem I am having is that when I load a file, see previous posting
for
>> example ( Display question ) Hello World, and when I launch the stack window

>> it cashes insight to hang. When I launch the stack window before I load the

>> file, it opens normally, but when I go to load the file it hangs upon loading.

>Can you do a backtrace using the console window? Are you using a sim or a
>board?

How do I do a back trace ?? I am using the simulator

>If you open a debug window (Ctrl-F11 in source window), does it
>output any errors?

When I open the debug window all commands executed are green but it still hangs
on the following command:

[srcBar::_set_runstop]runnning

Also how do I output these commands to a logfile ?

Thanks,
Dave Mc Kenna

Sun Tzu once wrote......
The supreme act of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting....
--
http://www.iol.ie

* Re: Stack Window causes Hang
@ 2002-03-21  8:19 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-03-21  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Mc Kenna; +Cc: insight

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, David Mc Kenna wrote:

> >Can you do a backtrace using the console window? Are you using a sim or a
> >board?
>
> How do I do a back trace ?? I am using the simulator

Open a console window and type "bt".

> When I open the debug window all commands executed are green but it still hangs
> on the following command:
>
> [srcBar::_set_runstop]runnning

Hmmm...

> Also how do I output these commands to a logfile ?

You can ouput all the debug logging to a file by setting
GDBTK_DEBUGFILE=FILENAME in your environment before starting. See
gdb/gdbtk/library/main.tcl for more info on environment variables and
their settings.

Keith

* Re: Stack Window causes Hang
@ 2002-03-20 10:53 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-03-20 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Mc Kenna; +Cc: insight

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, David Mc Kenna wrote:

> The problem I am having is that when I load a file, see previous posting for
> example ( Display question ) Hello World, and when I launch the stack window
> it cashes insight to hang. When I launch the stack window before I load the
> file, it opens normally, but when I go to load the file it hangs upon loading.

Can you do a backtrace using the console window? Are you using a sim or a
board? If you open a debug window (Ctrl-F11 in source window), does it
output any errors?

Keith

* Re: Stack Window causes Hang
@ 2002-03-20 10:19 ` Martin M. Hunt
From: Martin M. Hunt @ 2002-03-20 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mckennad, insight

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 03:34 am, David Mc Kenna wrote:
> where the target is arm-elf and host is cygwin v1.3.10.
>
> The problem I am having is that when I load a file, see previous posting
> for example ( Display question ) Hello World, and when I launch the stack
> window it cashes insight to hang. When I launch the stack window before I
> load the file, it opens normally, but when I go to load the file it hangs
> upon loading.

It happens when you just load the file?
I have seen the stack window hang the system when a broken GDB goes into an
infinite loop while doing a stack trace. Can you run "gdb -nw" and do a
backtrace?

--
Martin Hunt
GDB Engineer

* Stack Window causes Hang
@ 2002-03-20  3:37 David Mc Kenna
From: David Mc Kenna @ 2002-03-20  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi all,

I am using Insight 5.1.1 configured with

../../$insightver/configure \
    --target=$target --host=$host\
    --prefix=$prefix \
    --exec-prefix=$prefix -v > ../logs/insight_configure.log 2>&1

# 	Make gdb

make -w all install CC='gcc -mwin32'  > ../logs/insight_make.out 2>&1

where the target is arm-elf and host is cygwin v1.3.10.

The problem I am having is that when I load a file, see previous posting for
example ( Display question ) Hello World, and when I launch the stack window
it cashes insight to hang. When I launch the stack window before I load the
file, it opens normally, but when I go to load the file it hangs upon loading.

Any help is appreciated,