public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* scanf problem with RDI on Cygwin?
@ 2002-03-21 16:38 XUE
From: XUE @ 2002-03-21 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

hi all,

 Insight does have a scanf problem with RDI on Cygwin.

windows 2000,
cygwin 1.3.2,
insight 5.5.1,
When this GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=arm-elf",
I run arm-elf-gdb with -nw, use the target ARM Angel/Serial, com1 to connect
to the ARM Evaluator-7T target board.(target rdi com1 57600), I have scanf()
working great.
but When I try to run Insight GUI, I can't use scanf to get the input from
the cygwin prompt or the console window of Insight (View/Console) , the
scanf() always directly return -1.

Linux Mandrake release 8.0,
insight 5.5.1,
While this GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf",
I run Insight GUI(target rdi /dev/ttyS0 57600), I can input from the linux
termianl running "arm-elf-gdb".

Is this a cygwin question?
How can I just use scanf to get the input on Cygwin?

 Thanks & best regards

* Re: scanf problem with RDI on Cygwin?
@ 2002-03-22 15:42 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-03-22 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: XUE; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, XUE wrote:

>  Insight does have a scanf problem with RDI on Cygwin.

Insight does not support target input at all, cygwin or unix. No one has
either offered to pay Red Hat to implement it or offered to volunteer the
work.

Keith