public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Why is itclsh not being built?
@ 2002-05-31  5:32 Stefan Heinzmann
From: Stefan Heinzmann @ 2002-05-31  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi all,

since I have used --enable-maintainer-mode when configuring,
libgui/library/Makefile attempts to call itcl_sh to rebuild tclIndex.
This fails, because there is no itcl_sh on my machine. I read somewhere
in the mailing list archives (in 2001) that you need an installed itcl
of the right version to do this.

But what I don't understand is: The right itcl version is there in my
source tree! The sources for building itclsh (note BTW the
inconsistency: the underscore is missing here -- is that a bug?) are in
itcl/itcl/unix, but configure doesn't make the corresponding build
subdirectory nor the Makefile. Why? If it _did_ my conjecture is that
the required itclsh would be built and used automatically and the
hassle would be gone. Or is there more to it than meets the (my) eye?

How would I correctly generate itclsh (or itcl_sh) by hand?

Cheers
Stefan

Yahoo! präsentiert als offizieller Sponsor das Fußball-Highlight des
Jahres: - http://www.FIFAworldcup.com

* Re: Why is itclsh not being built?
@ 2002-05-31  9:53 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-05-31  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Heinzmann; +Cc: insight

On Fri, 31 May 2002, [iso-8859-1] Stefan Heinzmann wrote:

> since I have used --enable-maintainer-mode when configuring,
> libgui/library/Makefile attempts to call itcl_sh to rebuild tclIndex.
> This fails, because there is no itcl_sh on my machine. I read somewhere
> in the mailing list archives (in 2001) that you need an installed itcl
> of the right version to do this.

I think this is probably just a bug, an artifact of older itcl's that we
used. Libgui changes so infrequently that we seldom regenerate tclIndexs.

If I find the time, I will see about fixing it. In the meantime, could you
file a bug so that I don't lose track of it? (Make sure to put "LIBGUI:"
in the synopsis so that it's easier to spot.)

http://sources.redhat.com/insight/bugs.html

Keith