public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* FW: insight 5.1 copy&paste question.
@ 2002-07-24  1:26 주형열
From: 주형열 @ 2002-07-24  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Oops!

My insight version is not 5.1.
It is 5.2, it is my mistake.
Sorry for confusion.

Goodbye.

-----Original Message-----
From: 주형열
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 5:21 PM
To: 'insight@sources.redhat.com'
Subject: FW: insight 5.1 copy&paste question.

Hi!

I will show you crash stack framel, which shows up after trying to run wish83.exe.

This output is from MS Visual studio 6.0 debugger.

CYGWIN1! alloca + 21409 bytes
CYGWIN1! ctermid + 495 bytes
CYGWIN1! ctype_ + 5060 bytes
CYGWIN1! ctype_ + 5561 bytes
CYGWIN1! vfprintf + 75 bytes
CYGWIN1! sprintf + 68 bytes
CYGTCL83! Tcl_CallWhenDeleted + 47 bytes
CYGTCL83! TclInterpInit + 143 bytes
CYGTCL83! Tcl_CreateInterp + 814 bytes
WISH83! 004010d7()
KERNEL32! CreateProcessW + 3496 bytes

From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-07-24  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 주형열; +Cc: insight

[-- Attachment #1: Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=X-UNKNOWN, Size: 615 bytes --]

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, [ks_c_5601-1987] ÁÖÇü¿­ wrote:

> My insight version is not 5.1.
> It is 5.2, it is my mistake.
> Sorry for confusion.

The tcl/tk versions used with Insight 5.2 (tcl/tk 8.3) have problems on
cygwin (windows) hosts. These issues have never been fully resolved, and
to the best of my knowledge, no one is investigating them. As a result,
wish83.exe and gdb.exe (Insight) have severe problems on windows.

If you are using windows, your best bet is to use 5.1, which uses tcl/tk
8.0 or to check-out 5.2 from sources.redhat.com and merge in tcl/tk 8.0
into it for cygwin.

Keith

* FW: insight 5.1 copy&paste question.
@ 2002-07-24  1:20 주형열