public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Which command to run insight?
@ 2002-07-24  3:02 Massimo Alonzo
From: Massimo Alonzo @ 2002-07-24  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,

I installed insight5.2.1 but I cannot run it (if I use gdb I get
standard gbd window).

I had previously installed gdb-5.2.2 (rpm) can this create problems?

How can I run it in graphical mode?

Please explain it in details

thank you

Massimo

* Re: Which command to run insight?
@ 2002-07-24  6:58 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-07-24  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Massimo Alonzo; +Cc: insight

On 24 Jul 2002, Massimo Alonzo wrote:

> I installed insight5.2.1 but I cannot run it (if I use gdb I get
> standard gbd window).

It will be installed as "gdb" in the directory specified to configure.
(The default is /usr/local/bin, I think.)

> I had previously installed gdb-5.2.2 (rpm) can this create problems?

Insight should not interfere with other versions of gdb, tcl, tk, tix,
etc. on your system. It searches its own directories for the supporting
files it needs.

Make sure you are running the correct executable.
Keith