public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* building Insight with an already installed Tcl/Tk?
@ 2003-01-30 18:07 Quoc Luu
From: Quoc Luu @ 2003-01-30 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Can I build Insight with an already installed Tcl/Tk?

Insight includes Tcl/Tk and will install it when built.  This will
overwrite the already installed Tcl/Tk, which I don't want.

Thanks,
Quoc

* Re: building Insight with an already installed Tcl/Tk?
@ 2003-01-30 19:02 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2003-01-30 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quoc Luu; +Cc: insight

Quoc Luu wrote:
> Can I build Insight with an already installed Tcl/Tk?

Not yet, but we are getting close to it.

> Insight includes Tcl/Tk and will install it when built.  This will
> overwrite the already installed Tcl/Tk, which I don't want.

No it won't.  It will install its copy on its own tree.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com

* Re: building Insight with an already installed Tcl/Tk?
@ 2003-01-30 23:13   ` Quoc Luu
From: Quoc Luu @ 2003-01-30 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fernando Nasser; +Cc: insight

Thanks for the reply, but your reply sounds contradictory.  It would
still overwrite certain files, like:

	/usr/local/bin/tclsh8.3
	/usr/local/bin/wish8.3
	/usr/local/lib/tclConfig.sh
	/usr/local/lib/tkConfig.sh

I thought it used to overwrite the /usr/local/lib/tck* and
/usr/local/lib/tk* dirs, but it looks like it only creates a new
itcl3.2 and itk3.2 dirs.  Is is new?  I could have sworn that older
versions overwrote the tcl* and tk* dirs.

Thanks,
Quoc