public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Local Vars show prototype not structure
@ 2002-10-12  8:41 Graham Swallow
From: Graham Swallow @ 2002-10-12  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi,
	for several weeks I've been getting stubs in Local Variables.
	(Possibly since I've increased use of incomplete declarations)

	IE: It displays    var_name (class str2 *) 0x819df40
	when I'd hoped to see [+] and access to the objects fields.

	I cant find a specific pattern of when I do/dont get the
	tree, except that it is consistently stable, and sometimes
	has const which I dont always expect. I tried some trivial
	examples, but they all resolved fully.

	The console p *this  always works, except that it's three
	miles long on one line. The active code has access to
	the member fields, so the class has been fully declared.

	The current window is even displaying 'this' as a stub,
	for a member function.

	Any ideas?

--
   regards
--

* Re: Local Vars show prototype not structure
@ 2002-10-14  8:49 ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-10-14  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Swallow; +Cc: insight

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Graham Swallow wrote:

> 	IE: It displays    var_name (class str2 *) 0x819df40
> 	when I'd hoped to see [+] and access to the objects fields.

What version of gdb/insight are you using?

Keith

* Re: Local Vars show prototype not structure
@ 2002-10-14 11:03   ` Graham Swallow
From: Graham Swallow @ 2002-10-14 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Seitz; +Cc: insight

insight -v:

	GNU gdb 2002-10-10-cvs

Local Vars

	NB I mean the local vars Window, not vars local to funcs
	but they do often appear as (class Name *)in the window.

   regards
--

@ 2002-10-14 11:07     ` Keith Seitz
From: Keith Seitz @ 2002-10-14 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Graham Swallow; +Cc: insight

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Graham Swallow wrote:

> insight -v:
>
> 	GNU gdb 2002-10-10-cvs

Ouch. I don't suppose you've managed to dig up a testcase?

Keith