public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* command line gdb
@ 2001-08-24 21:15 Juan Ignacio Pumarino
From: Juan Ignacio Pumarino @ 2001-08-24 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: insight

Hi, I'm using Cygwin as my software development platform, and I was just
wondering how can I use the 'original' command line gdb, instead of the
Insight GUI, but without uninstalling it --it's a great debugger and I
sometimes really appreciate it; but most times I would rather go for the
old-style (I know I can use the command line commands inside Insight, but
that's not my point; in my computer, it takes a while for Insight to start).

Thanks in advance,

Juan Ignacio Pumarino
jipumari@ing.puc.cl

P.S.: sorry about my poor English.

* Re: command line gdb
@ 2001-08-24 22:36 ` Jeff Holcomb
From: Jeff Holcomb @ 2001-08-24 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Ignacio Pumarino; +Cc: insight

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Juan Ignacio Pumarino wrote:

> Hi, I'm using Cygwin as my software development platform, and I was just
> wondering how can I use the 'original' command line gdb, instead of the
> Insight GUI, but without uninstalling it --it's a great debugger and I
> sometimes really appreciate it; but most times I would rather go for the
> old-style (I know I can use the command line commands inside Insight, but
> that's not my point; in my computer, it takes a while for Insight to start).

Hi, you want to start up gdb from the command line (either from a Command
Prompt window or bash) and pass it -nw, like this:

  gdb -nw

That tells gdb to start up with no gui windows.

Cheers.

--
Jeff Holcomb
jeffh@redhat.com