public inbox for insight@sourceware.org
* Re: getting older versions of insight
@ 2000-06-30 11:33 Ken Moore
From: Ken Moore @ 2000-06-30 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: karuottu; +Cc: insight

Kai,

We have a version of insight (v4.18, mingw build, targeted to 68k-elf) which is supposed to have come from your site.  The problem with the version is it did not allow you to stop the code via the stop button (you had to hit a breakpoint).  I am told there is a patch for this version that would fix this issue.  Therefore, I am trying to find this older version and patch, and get them working.  If you can offer any assistance, or are interested in doing it yourself (in which case we can talk more), that would be great.

Ken

Ken Moore wrote:

> I have seen that older versions of gdb (ie v4.18, v4.2, v4.6 etc) are available on the cygnus site.
> I do not see corrosponding older versions of insight.  Do they exist, and is there anywhere to get
> them?

 Insight used to be a proprietary product before July 27, 1999, although being 'derived from GDB'.
But some Cygnus customers have released the sources, Hitachi being one. So you can now get the
'GNUPro-98r2' sources with Insight included on their free "Electronic Databook 2000" CDROM, or
download the 'GNUPro-99r1p1' sources in a near 100 M package with prebuilt H8/300 or SH tools.
Also the RedHat EDK sources include the 'Insight-4.18-000221'.

Cheers, Kai

* Re: getting older versions of insight
@ 2000-06-29 15:47 ` Kai Ruottu
From: Kai Ruottu @ 2000-06-29 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Moore; +Cc: insight

@ 2000-06-29  6:36 Ken Moore
From: Ken Moore @ 2000-06-29  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo

Sorry.  I had set it up for plain text, but my mail program evidently lost the setting.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

-------------

Hi,

I have seen that older versions of gdb (ie v4.18, v4.2, v4.6 etc) are available on the cygnus site.  I do not see corrosponding older versions of insight.  Do they exist, and is there anywhere to get them?

Thanks,
Ken Moore

* Re: getting older versions of insight
@ 2000-06-29  6:26 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-06-29  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Moore; +Cc: insight

I have said it before and I will say it again. Do not
post to mailing lists in HTML!

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* getting older versions of insight