public inbox for java@gcc.gnu.org
* Interface gcj-compiled library with Java programs in a runtime (other than gij)?
@ 2012-02-13  3:01 Yi Lin
From: Yi Lin @ 2012-02-13  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: java

Hi,

I am wondering if we can use methods from a gcj-compiled library in
uncompiled Java program(bytecode) executed on a VM.

According to gcj FAQ 1.7, there is no problem to do this with 'gij'
interpreter/runtime. You can compile some Java code into library (native
code), and run bytecode with 'gij' to invoke library methods. But this
seems only capable for 'gij', and other runtimes like HotSpot cannot
load and link the library properly.

I want to know if there is a general solution to allow you interface
uncompiled Java program with gcj-compiled library. Any information or
reference about this will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Yi