public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* libgccjit licensing question
@ 2017-01-01  0:00 Timur Kristóf
From: Timur Kristóf @ 2017-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

Hi,

Is libgccjit part of the GCC Runtime Library Exception?
Can I use libgccjit in a non-GPL (for example, MIT or Apache licensed)
project (without turning that project into GPL)? Can the authors of
proprietary software use it?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Best regards,
Timur

ps. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any
definitive answers.

* libgccjit licensing question
@ 2021-07-02  0:21 Antoni Boucher
From: Antoni Boucher @ 2021-07-02  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

Hi.
This question has been posted before, but didn't get a definitive
answer.
Here's the original question:

> Hi,
>
> Is libgccjit part of the GCC Runtime Library Exception?
> Can I use libgccjit in a non-GPL (for example, MIT or Apache
licensed)
> project (without turning that project into GPL)? Can the authors of
> proprietary software use it?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers!
>
> Best regards,
> Timur
>
> ps. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any
> definitive answers.

This question has been asked to me regarding the merging of
rustc_codegen_gcc (which uses libgccjit) into rustc:
https://github.com/rust-lang/compiler-team/issues/442#issuecomment-872594241

Thanks!