public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Relocating parts of program ? locality
@ 2015-01-01  0:00 deco33000
From: deco33000 @ 2015-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

Hello,

libgccjit is wonderful.

But the new code I generate lacks locality with the caller. My problem is that changing a lot of the structure of a program at runtime is a not good thing => it is better to recompile with the jitted code included.

So, is there a solution ? The block before and after are large. Ideally I would modify the block itself but still, it will make it bigger because of the involved conditionals.

Is there a pretty solution aside global recompilation ?

It seems the question boild down to: can we relocate addresses without too many hurdles ?

Thanks

--б
Jog

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-07-10  6:27 UTC | newest]