public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Initialized exported and internal globals
@ 2019-01-01  0:00 Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen @ 2019-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jit

libgccjit allows to define globals with `gcc_jit_context_new_global'.
How can I create a global that is initialized to some other value than
0, i.e. how can I populate the data segment in the output of a
compilation to a file?

As a workaround, I can initialize data through the code, but this
seems ineffective if there is a lot of data.

Thanks!

-- Marc

* Re: Initialized exported and internal globals
@ 2019-01-01  0:00 ` Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen @ 2019-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen; +Cc: jit

When libgccjit supports initialized globals, one should probably also
add struct, union, and array initializers to libgccjit.