public inbox for jit@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: Expose interfaces to allow declaring SIMD kernels
       [not found] <Sid0gjWNkgnLAKOzvwf5w-yNAzjM-XrmESFPuLicgEyXwTjDVYZjZ7yr393uWwMApOqTIVrhelnVUNFCbompwsMyQmah3Bo0b1fxDTQVUyc=@zhuyi.fan>
@ 2023-10-24 21:37 ` Antoni Boucher
From: Antoni Boucher @ 2023-10-24 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrodinger ZHU Yifan, jit; +Cc: Guillaume Gomez

Hi.
We do have a plan to add support for function attributes soon.
The base of the patch can be seen here:
https://github.com/antoyo/gcc/commit/96eed4fe2949535c05473a9c11fcc267ba94bca5

Would this interface be enough for your use case?

Thanks.

On Tue, 2023-10-24 at 21:33 +0000, Schrodinger ZHU Yifan wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> Currently, there is no proper way in libgccjit to get/declare
> vectorized variants of a function. I have implemented a working patch
> to allow user to add “omp declare simd” attribute via
> gcc_jit_function_set_bool_declare_simd.
>
> I wonder if this a good approach? To me, this approach is a little
> bit too ad-hoc. Should we provide interfaces that allow user to set
> any attributes to a function instead?
>
> If you think it is fine to
> have gcc_jit_function_set_bool_declare_simd, could you please offer
> me some pointers to the guideline of patch submission?
>
> Best,
> Yifan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-10-24 21:37 UTC | newest]