public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* SRFI-251
@ 2024-05-08 20:49 Jakub T. Jankiewicz
From: Jakub T. Jankiewicz @ 2024-05-08 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

Just FYI, this SRFI can be added to list of supported SRFI, since this
how it works in Kawa, not like in R7RS suppose to work.

https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-251/

I just realized that my implementation LIPS Scheme also work in the same way,
I'm adding this to the list of supported SRFI, you may want to do the same.

This is example code that is not valid according to R7RS, but valid when
SRFI-251 is implemented:

(let ((x 0))
  (display "the result is")
  (define (foo) x)
  (display ": ")
  (define xx 42)
  (display (foo)))

Because define is not at the top of the body, like variables in C programming
language.

Jakub

--
Jakub T. Jankiewicz, Senior Front-End Developer
https://jcubic.pl/me

* Re: SRFI-251
@ 2024-05-09  4:38 ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2024-05-09  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub T. Jankiewicz, kawa

On 5/8/24 1:49 PM, Jakub T. Jankiewicz via Kawa wrote:
> Just FYI, this SRFI can be added to list of supported SRFI, since this
> how it works in Kawa, not like in R7RS suppose to work.

Thanks. I updated the Kawa manual source code (doc/kawa.texi).
I hope to make a release soon (for some definition of "soon"),
at which point the web-site will also be updated.
--
	--Per Bothner