public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* Can't Compile To A Standalone Application Using Java 8
       [not found] <33660780.1240045.1456844883897.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-03-01 15:11 ` burhanuddin baharuddin
From: burhanuddin baharuddin @ 2016-03-01 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

Hi,

Has anyone managed to compile kawa source code to a standalone application using Java 8?

When I run 'java MyProgram', I always get 'Error: Could not find or load main class MyProgram'.

I did add '--main' argument during compilation.

I can run the program using 'kawa MyProgram' though.

The source file only has '(format #t "Hello, World~%")'. Do I need to define a main function or something?

* Re: Can't Compile To A Standalone Application Using Java 8
@ 2016-03-01 15:23   ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2016-03-01 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: burhanuddin baharuddin, kawa

On 03/01/2016 07:08 AM, burhanuddin baharuddin wrote:

> Has anyone managed to compile kawa source code to a standalone application using Java 8?
>
> When I run 'java MyProgram', I always get 'Error: Could not find or load main class MyProgram'.
>
> I did add '--main' argument during compilation.
>
> I can run the program using 'kawa MyProgram' though.
>
> The source file only has '(format #t "Hello, World~%")'. Do I need to define a main function or something?

I would guess a classpath problem.  The classpath needs to include both the directory containing
MyProgram,.class, and the kawa .jar.

The 'kawa' command sets the classpath to include the kawa .jar - but running plain 'java' doesn't.
--
	--Per Bothner

* Re: Can't Compile To A Standalone Application Using Java 8
@ 2016-03-03 17:47     ` burhanuddin baharuddin
From: burhanuddin baharuddin @ 2016-03-03 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Bothner, kawa

Ahh, thank you.

I missed the CLASSPATH part in the documentation.

per@bothner.com  http://per.bothner.com/