public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* SLIB (full/general) in Kawa?
@ 2021-01-01 18:50 Sudarshan S Chawathe
From: Sudarshan S Chawathe @ 2021-01-01 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting SLIB working in Kawa?

I mean the full/general SLIB distribution, not only the few parts that
are already in Kawa.  When I try to include SLIB's kawa.init file, I get
errors that seem related to the use of colons in SLIB identifiers.  In
particular, I thought I'd check if someone had SLIB running before
getting in too deep. (I'm also not sure if it is possible to "escape" a
colon to at least enable a very hackish "search and replace" kind of
workaround by modifying a local copy of the SLIB sources.)

I found an old thread/bug-report in the old Savannah repository:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?19263

but nothing specific in the current Gitlab repository and in general am
unsure of the current state of things on this front.

I'll also take the occasion to say a heartfelt thanks and best wishes
for the new year to all of the Kawa community.

Regards,

-chaw