public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* Kawa invoke branch merged into master
@ 2017-05-01 16:17 Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2017-05-01 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

See http://per.bothner.com/kawa/invoke/news.html
Please let me know of any problems.
--
	--Per Bothner

* Re: Kawa invoke branch merged into master
@ 2017-05-03  5:41 ` Kay Zheng
From: Kay Zheng @ 2017-05-03  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Per,

It seems the Android support is broken. I was using the configure
script like this:

    JAVACFLAGS="-g -source 1.7 -target 1.7" ./configure
--with-android=/path/to/android.jar --disable-xquery --disable-jemacs
--with-java-source=7

And the compiler complained about incompatible types in the Android code:

    (compiling ViewBuilder.scm to gnu.kawa.android.ViewBuilder)
    ViewBuilder.scm:8:5: type istring is incompatible with required
type java.lang.String

Regards,

Kay Z.

* Re: Kawa invoke branch merged into master
@ 2017-05-03  5:59   ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2017-05-03  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/02/2017 10:41 PM, Kay Zheng wrote:
> Hi Per,
>
> It seems the Android support is broken. I was using the configure
> script like this:
>
>      JAVACFLAGS="-g -source 1.7 -target 1.7" ./configure
> --with-android=/path/to/android.jar --disable-xquery --disable-jemacs
> --with-java-source=7
>
> And the compiler complained about incompatible types in the Android code:
>
>      (compiling ViewBuilder.scm to gnu.kawa.android.ViewBuilder)
>      ViewBuilder.scm:8:5: type istring is incompatible with required
> type java.lang.String

Hm.  Are you sure you have the current git sources?  I fixed a related bug
just a few days ago.  You should have this in gnu/kawa/reflect/ChangeLog:

2017-04-30  Per Bothner  <per@bothner.com>

         * ClassMethods.java: Accept any CharSequence as a string.
         * CompileBuildObject.java: Likewise.
         * Invoke.java: Likewise.

--

@ 2017-05-03  6:22     ` Kay Zheng
From: Kay Zheng @ 2017-05-03  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hm.  Are you sure you have the current git sources?  I fixed a related bug
> just a few days ago.  You should have this in gnu/kawa/reflect/ChangeLog:
>
> 2017-04-30  Per Bothner  <per@bothner.com>
>
>         * ClassMethods.java: Accept any CharSequence as a string.
>         * CompileBuildObject.java: Likewise.
>         * Invoke.java: Likewise.

Yes, it's the latest master branch (commit b781076, tagged 2.93). The
ChangeLog you mentioned is up-to-date.

Regards,

Kay Z.

* Re: Kawa invoke branch merged into master
@ 2017-05-03 20:20       ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2017-05-03 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/02/2017 11:21 PM, Kay Zheng wrote:
>> Hm.  Are you sure you have the current git sources?  I fixed a related bug
>> just a few days ago.  You should have this in gnu/kawa/reflect/ChangeLog:
>>
>> 2017-04-30  Per Bothner  <per@bothner.com>
>>
>>          * ClassMethods.java: Accept any CharSequence as a string.
>>          * CompileBuildObject.java: Likewise.
>>          * Invoke.java: Likewise.
>
> Yes, it's the latest master branch (commit b781076, tagged 2.93). The
> ChangeLog you mentioned is up-to-date.

I checked in a fix for this.  (It wasn't anything Android-specific,
but the lack of a coerscion from IString to String being used.)

I wouldn't expect --with-java-source=7 to work for "deployed" Android,
because Android doesn't yet support MethodsHandles.  It looks like the Android "O"
developer preview does support Methodhandles, though, which is good news.
--

@ 2017-05-04  1:06         ` Kay Zheng
From: Kay Zheng @ 2017-05-04  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I checked in a fix for this.  (It wasn't anything Android-specific,
> but the lack of a coerscion from IString to String being used.)
>
> I wouldn't expect --with-java-source=7 to work for "deployed" Android,
> because Android doesn't yet support MethodsHandles.  It looks like the
> Android "O"
> developer preview does support Methodhandles, though, which is good news.

Thank you very much for fixing this.

And thank you for the heads-up about MethodsHandles. I'm new to Kawa
and Android, and was trying out things.

Regards,

Kay Z.