public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* What are the procedures =?, <?, <=?, etc.?
@ 2016-12-28  0:56 Sudarshan S Chawathe
From: Sudarshan S Chawathe @ 2016-12-28  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

What do the procedures =?, <?, <=?, etc., do in Kawa?

They seem to be defined as 1-argument procedures in the REPL but I have
not been able to figure out much beyond that.  (I tried a quick
find/grep on the source tree but nothing obvious showed up.)

I came across those procedures in an error message related to my
attempts at figuring out why importing the SRFI 128 reference
implementation in the Kawa REPL sometimes causes the REPL to hang. (I
reported that problem on using the Kawa bugzilla site a short while
ago.)  These procedures may well be red herrings in that regard, though.
(I got a bit suspicious because SRFI 128 also defines procedures with
these names.)

This is with Kawa 2.2 (revision 9049M) on a 32-bit Debian setup with
OpenJDK 8.

Regards,

-chaw

* Re: What are the procedures =?, <?, <=?, etc.?
@ 2016-12-28  7:30 ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2016-12-28  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sudarshan S Chawathe, kawa

On 12/28/2016 01:55 AM, Sudarshan S Chawathe wrote:
> What do the procedures =?, <?, <=?, etc., do in Kawa?
>
> They seem to be defined as 1-argument procedures in the REPL but I have
> not been able to figure out much beyond that.  (I tried a quick
> find/grep on the source tree but nothing obvious showed up.)

This is a bug in how TYPE? is recognized.  The goal is if TYPE? is not
(lexically) defined, but TYPE is *and* TYPE is typed-value, then we
get '(lambda (obj) (instance? obj TYPE))'  The problem is the test
for 'TYPE is type-valued' is missing.  See the FIXME comment in
checkDefaultBinding in SchemeCompilation.java.

> This is with Kawa 2.2 (revision 9049M) on a 32-bit Debian setup with
> OpenJDK 8.

Looks like your using the old Subversion repository.  You should switch to
the Git repository.

I intend to check in the the Subversion repository a change so
it no longer builds by defauilt.

--
	--Per Bothner