public inbox for kawa@sourceware.org
* Kawa 2.2 released
@ 2016-11-13  0:31 Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2016-11-13  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

See here for instructions on getting Kawa:
https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Getting-Kawa.html

For highlights see:
https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/news.html

Note - even if you build from source, you might want to get the
binary release for the sake of domterm.jar and jline.jar, so you
can configure with the flags:
   --with-domterm=/path/to/domterm.jar --with-jline3=/path/to/jline.jar
--
	--Per Bothner

* Re: Kawa 2.2 released
@ 2016-11-13 12:18 ` Andrea Bernardini
From: Andrea Bernardini @ 2016-11-13 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

Congratulations for another huge release!

I gave a look at the highlights and I'm curious about the "Basic
support for Java 9 (though still some issues)" point. What Java 9
features are you supporting, what are the issues?

Thanks,
Andrea

On 13 November 2016 at 00:30, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
> See here for instructions on getting Kawa:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Getting-Kawa.html
>
> For highlights see:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/news.html
>
> Note - even if you build from source, you might want to get the
> binary release for the sake of domterm.jar and jline.jar, so you
> can configure with the flags:
>   --with-domterm=/path/to/domterm.jar --with-jline3=/path/to/jline.jar
> --
>         --Per Bothner
> per@bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/

* Re: Kawa 2.2 released
@ 2016-11-13 15:33   ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2016-11-13 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kawa

On 11/13/2016 04:18 AM, Andrea Bernardini wrote:
> I gave a look at the highlights and I'm curious about the "Basic
> support for Java 9 (though still some issues)" point. What Java 9
> features are you supporting, what are the issues?

I'm not supporting Java 9 features per se, but I added a --with-java-source=9
configure option, and Kawa generates the new classfile version number.

I had to make one or two fixes to disambiguate new overloaded methods,
plus I had to deal with the new Java versioning scheme,

I don't remember what the remaining issues were - I believe it was some
testsuite failures, and there was something I had to configure out.
--
	--Per Bothner