public inbox for libabigail@sourceware.org
* Moving the code base to C++11
@ 2020-12-03 14:44 Dodji Seketeli
From: Dodji Seketeli @ 2020-12-03 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libabigail

Hello,

As of patch https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libabigail/2020q4/002976.html, we
can now write C++11 code in the project :-)

That patch updated the CONTRIBUTING file in the source tree to state
that and to give some very basic guidelines.

I haven't written any specific coding convention and I don't think we
need one right now.  Or do we?

I think we can just use our judgement here and use features that make
the source code more pleasant to read while keeping or even increasing
type safety.

As much as possible, I would find it preferable to keep the code base
consistent with the current indentation and formatting practises as we
see it fit.

Other than that, I hope you'll enjoy moving into C++11 territory which
I hope will bring progress to our programming and more importantly
debugging and maintenance experience.

Cheers,

--
		Dodji

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-03 14:44 UTC | newest]