public inbox for libabigail@sourceware.org
* FYI: taking over libabigail ctf stuff
@ 2023-05-09 14:59 Nick Alcock
From: Nick Alcock @ 2023-05-09 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libabigail

FYI: if nobody's heard, Guillermo Martinez has left Oracle and is not
likely to be doing more CTF stuff. We really don't want it dropped, so
I'm taking over.

One caveat: I don't know much about libabigail internals (yet). I hope I
can learn as I go.

At the very least I will be keeping an eye out for open libabigail
CTF-related bug reports from now on, and fixing any as they arise and as
I have time. (There don't seem to be any at the moment, except for the
one I just accidentally raised and then closed while fighting the
bugzilla UI. Sorry for the spam...)

In time I hope to get more ideas -- libabigail is amazing software and I
need to have a think about other ways pervasive CTF info can perhaps
help it out.

* Re: FYI: taking over libabigail ctf stuff
@ 2023-05-11  9:20 ` Dodji Seketeli
From: Dodji Seketeli @ 2023-05-11  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Alcock via Libabigail; +Cc: Nick Alcock

Nick Alcock via Libabigail <libabigail@sourceware.org> a écrit:

> FYI: if nobody's heard, Guillermo Martinez has left Oracle and is not
> likely to be doing more CTF stuff.

Yeah, I've heard it and it's sad :-(

I wish Guillermo the best in his new endeavours.

> We really don't want it dropped, so I'm taking over.

I am glad!  Welcome on-board!

> One caveat: I don't know much about libabigail internals (yet).

No problem, we are here to help with that temporary state of things ;-)

Please do not hesitate to poke me on IRC at very least.

> I hope I can learn as I go.

I am sure of that :-)

> At the very least I will be keeping an eye out for open libabigail
> CTF-related bug reports from now on, and fixing any as they arise and as
> I have time. (There don't seem to be any at the moment, except for the
> one I just accidentally raised and then closed while fighting the
> bugzilla UI. Sorry for the spam...)

No problem at all.

> In time I hope to get more ideas -- libabigail is amazing software and I
> need to have a think about other ways pervasive CTF info can perhaps
> help it out.

Thank you a lot for caring.

Cheers,

--