* glibc 2.28 - Ready to cut branch on Wednesday?
@ 2018-07-31  2:17 Carlos O'Donell
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2018-07-31  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU C Library, Palmer Dabbelt, DJ Delorie

Community,

Is there anything that we need before we cut the branch on Wednesday?

We have build status from:
- AArch64
- Alpha
- ARM
- HPPA
- IA64
- MIPS
- ppc32 soft-float
- ppc32 hard-float
- ppc64 hard-float
- ppc64le hard-float
- s390
- s390x
- sparc32
- sparc64
- x86
- x86_64
- x32
- x86/Hurd

The following systems do not have any status:
- sh
- risc-v (rv64imac/lp64, rv64imafdc/lp64, rv64imafdc/lp64d)
- nios2
- m68k
- microblaze

This is good enough for me to cut the release on Wednesday.

DJ, Palmer,

What's the status for risc-v? How is the testing going?

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: glibc 2.28 - Ready to cut branch on Wednesday?
@ 2018-07-31  2:26 ` Adhemerval Zanella
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2018-07-31  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

On 30/07/2018 23:17, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Community,
>
> Is there anything that we need before we cut the branch on Wednesday?
>
> We have build status from:
> - AArch64
> - Alpha
> - ARM
> - HPPA
> - IA64
> - MIPS
> - ppc32 soft-float
> - ppc32 hard-float
> - ppc64 hard-float
> - ppc64le hard-float
> - s390
> - s390x
> - sparc32
> - sparc64
> - x86
> - x86_64
> - x32
> - x86/Hurd
>
> The following systems do not have any status:
> - sh

I hope to get SH results tomorrow or by the following day.

@ 2018-07-31  2:38 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2018-07-31  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: libc-alpha, palmer

"Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> writes:
> DJ, Palmer,
> What's the status for risc-v? How is the testing going?

Jim Wilson and I have tested on hardware, with vastly different results.
Darius Rad tested on QEMU, Jim's have the least failures.  We're trying
to narrow down the reasons for the differences, but a lot of the
failures are related to the new POSIX floating point rules, where RISC-V
and glibc differ in what's expected (by the testsuite) vs required (by
POSIX).

This is nothing new to us and only really affect boundary conditions,
where NaNs, Inf, and exceptions live.

We haven't yet found any failures attributable to glibc itself, though,
but that doesn't preclude them.  Regenerating ULPs made a minor
difference, but I hesitate to update the ULP tables as there are a lot
of off-by-ULP errors that are *not* fixed by updating the tables.

* Re: glibc 2.28 - Ready to cut branch on Wednesday?
@ 2018-07-31  3:53 ` Jochen Hein
From: Jochen Hein @ 2018-07-31  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: GNU C Library, Palmer Dabbelt, DJ Delorie

Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> writes:

> Community,
>
> Is there anything that we need before we cut the branch on Wednesday?

There have been new translations for German, Vietnamese, Bulgarian,
Swedish, Croatian, and Brazilian Portugese.

I'd like to see these included.  Thanks to the translators for the quick
turnaround!

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.

* Re: glibc 2.28 - Ready to cut branch on Wednesday?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-07-31  7:19 ` Chung-Lin Tang
From: Chung-Lin Tang @ 2018-07-31  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, GNU C Library, Palmer Dabbelt, DJ Delorie

On 2018/7/31 10:17 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> The following systems do not have any status:
> - sh
> - risc-v (rv64imac/lp64, rv64imafdc/lp64, rv64imafdc/lp64d)
> - nios2
> - m68k
> - microblaze

Working on nios2 testing, was hampered by some local technical issues, would appreciate a day or two
to sort things out (nios2 testing on hardware is slow).

Chung-Lin

* Re: glibc 2.28 - Ready to cut branch on Wednesday?
@ 2018-07-31 12:21   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2018-07-31 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jochen Hein; +Cc: GNU C Library, Palmer Dabbelt, DJ Delorie

On 07/30/2018 11:53 PM, Jochen Hein wrote:
> Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Community,
>>
>> Is there anything that we need before we cut the branch on Wednesday?
>
> There have been new translations for German, Vietnamese, Bulgarian,
> Swedish, Croatian, and Brazilian Portugese.
>
> I'd like to see these included.  Thanks to the translators for the quick
> turnaround!

Absolutely! I just pushed these.

I will check for translations before I cut the branch.

We will also continue to integrate translations into the rolling release
branch for distributions to use so users continue to get translation
updates. Fedora and Debian at least track the release branches actively
and so will get any translation updates.

--

@ 2018-07-31 12:22   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2018-07-31 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chung-Lin Tang, GNU C Library, Palmer Dabbelt, DJ Delorie

On 07/31/2018 03:18 AM, Chung-Lin Tang wrote:
> On 2018/7/31 10:17 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> The following systems do not have any status:
>> - sh
>> - risc-v (rv64imac/lp64, rv64imafdc/lp64, rv64imafdc/lp64d)
>> - nios2
>> - m68k
>> - microblaze
>
> Working on nios2 testing, was hampered by some local technical issues, would appreciate a day or two
> to sort things out (nios2 testing on hardware is slow).

Please take your time. I will cut the release and we can fixup any nios2
issues on the release branch.

--

@ 2018-07-31 13:46   ` Adhemerval Zanella
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2018-07-31 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

On 30/07/2018 23:26, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> On 30/07/2018 23:17, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Community,
>>
>> Is there anything that we need before we cut the branch on Wednesday?
>>
>> We have build status from:
>> - AArch64
>> - Alpha
>> - ARM
>> - HPPA
>> - IA64
>> - MIPS
>> - ppc32 soft-float
>> - ppc32 hard-float
>> - ppc64 hard-float
>> - ppc64le hard-float
>> - s390
>> - s390x
>> - sparc32
>> - sparc64
>> - x86
>> - x86_64
>> - x32
>> - x86/Hurd
>>
>> The following systems do not have any status:
>> - sh
>
> I hope to get SH results tomorrow or by the following day.

I updated SH results in wiki, looks similar with 2.27 with 15 failures
(besides the math ones due qNaN/sNaN expection).

* Re: glibc 2.28 - Ready to cut branch on Wednesday?
@ 2018-07-31 14:38     ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2018-07-31 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella, libc-alpha

On 07/31/2018 09:46 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> On 30/07/2018 23:26, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>>

>> On 30/07/2018 23:17, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> Community,
>>>
>>> Is there anything that we need before we cut the branch on Wednesday?
>>>
>>> We have build status from:
>>> - AArch64
>>> - Alpha
>>> - ARM
>>> - HPPA
>>> - IA64
>>> - MIPS
>>> - ppc32 soft-float
>>> - ppc32 hard-float
>>> - ppc64 hard-float
>>> - ppc64le hard-float
>>> - s390
>>> - s390x
>>> - sparc32
>>> - sparc64
>>> - x86
>>> - x86_64
>>> - x32
>>> - x86/Hurd
>>>
>>> The following systems do not have any status:
>>> - sh
>>
>> I hope to get SH results tomorrow or by the following day.
>
> I updated SH results in wiki, looks similar with 2.27 with 15 failures
> (besides the math ones due qNaN/sNaN expection).

Thanks!

--

@ 2018-07-31 16:27     ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2018-07-31 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: libc-alpha

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> I updated SH results in wiki, looks similar with 2.27 with 15 failures
> (besides the math ones due qNaN/sNaN expection).

The qNaN/sNaN issue will need fixing in GCC and glibc as I described at
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-02/msg00440.html>.

(The tininess issue may be trickier; the existing setting is definitely
based on hardware testing I did, I think on an SH-4A SH7785 board, so
maybe different SH hardware is following different rules for tininess
detection.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com