* [Uwe Moeller <umr@interlogic.de>] libc/2215: mcheck(): free() reports "invalid pointer" while pointer looks ok
@ 2001-04-26  0:16 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2001-04-26  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha; +Cc: Uwe Moeller

We received the appended bug report.  Wolfram, can you take a look, please?

Is mcheck together with MALLOC_CHECK_=1 forbidden?  Or where is the
problem?

Andreas

* Re: [Uwe Moeller <umr@interlogic.de>] libc/2215: mcheck(): free() reports "invalid pointer" while pointer looks ok
@ 2001-04-26  6:08 ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2001-04-26  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha; +Cc: Uwe Moeller

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> We received the appended bug report.  Wolfram, can you take a look, please?
>
> Is mcheck together with MALLOC_CHECK_=1 forbidden?  Or where is the
> problem?

I've a change for this which I'm testing in this moment.  The problem
is that the hooks are overwritten before malloc had the chance to
install it's own wrappers.

* Re: [Uwe Moeller <umr@interlogic.de>] libc/2215: mcheck(): free() reports "invalid pointer" while pointer looks ok
@ 2001-04-26  7:20   ` Wolfram Gloger
From: Wolfram Gloger @ 2001-04-26  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drepper; +Cc: libc-alpha, umr

Hello,

> I've a change for this which I'm testing in this moment.  The problem
> is that the hooks are overwritten before malloc had the chance to
> install it's own wrappers.

OK thanks -- I think one set of hooks should take precedence, if the
hooks have already been set by mcheck then MALLOC_CHECK_ shouldn't try
to re-set them.

Regards,
Wolfram.

* Which branch in CVS will become glibc-2.2.3?
@ 2001-04-26 17:48     ` Steven J. Hill
From: Steven J. Hill @ 2001-04-26 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha; +Cc: aj

Greetings.

As I am actively trying to help maintain the toolchain for
Linux/MIPS, I would like to know which branch in the glibc
CVS will become the new 2.2.3 version? My guess is it will
come from one of these 3 branches:

   HEAD
   MAIN
   glibc-2_2_2

MAIN is my first guess and glibc-2_2_2 is my second guess. I
want to be able to actively test what is going to be the next
release. Thanks.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: ' http://www.cotw.com/pubkey.txt '

* Re: Which branch in CVS will become glibc-2.2.3?
@ 2001-04-26 22:50       ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2001-04-26 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sjhill; +Cc: libc-alpha

"Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@cotw.com> writes:

> Greetings.
>
> As I am actively trying to help maintain the toolchain for
> Linux/MIPS, I would like to know which branch in the glibc
> CVS will become the new 2.2.3 version? My guess is it will
> come from one of these 3 branches:

We do not work on any branch at the momement.

>    HEAD
>    MAIN

HEAD=MAIN=current development branch

>    glibc-2_2_2

That's no branch, that's just a release tag.

> MAIN is my first guess and glibc-2_2_2 is my second guess. I
> want to be able to actively test what is going to be the next
> release. Thanks.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger